Monday, December 14, 2009

Miscellaneous photos from Lima

Here are a few miscellaneous photos from my time in Lima, that didn't warrant a full entry.


One of the many ice cream trikes here in Lima.  There are also larger trikes of a similar design for selling fruit or other wares.  They're all single speeds with unreasonably high gear ratios for the weight they're carrying.  I also saw one with no seat!



Street jugglers in Lima.



Some late afternoon relaxation along one of the major highways in Lima.



The local kids slacklining.  I don't think I'll bring the slackline along for the rest of the trip, but it was cool to do a couple times.  The kids all learned my name, and for the next couple of days would call out "Hola, Nick!" and ask me when I was going to set it up again.



A taxi-cab beetle.  Lima is full of old beetles; in fact, I'm collecting pictures of them.  This is my favorite so far.



Picarones.  Kind of like a sweet potato donut, with a honey sauce.  Pretty tasty stuff.  Other notable meals so far include pollo a la brasa (charcoal broiled chicken), and anticucho (cow's heart).  Delicious, delicious cow heart.

No comments: